Special Superbowl Edition of The LOST Loophole

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Special thanks to Tim for his comment on Desmond's brief appearance on the plane that's got me all in knots.

Also, Tim caught the Dharma logo on the shark during the "underwater island scene", did you? Very cool!

Speaking of underwater island, that's my burning question of the day. Did the hydrogen bomb explosion put the island underwater? Or was it something else? I've got no idea. You guys?


In other news, Sayid was held underwater in the murky Temple water for 1 minute, 8 seconds.

Now down to business.

In honor of the Superbowl kicking off at 6:25 tonight, I'm going to feature piece of LOST that mirror my favorite parts of the most watched game of the year.

1. Football (duh) - Season 3, Episode 13 (The Man From Tallahassee) brings loyal viewers a glimpse of Jack's life in New Otherton after he fixed Ben and freed Kate and Sawyer. We see him tossing the football with my personal favorite other, Mr. Friendly. Remember how upset Kate, Sayid, and John Locke were to see Jack smiling and laughing in his new J. Crew clothes tossing the pig skin with an Other? I was pretty disturbed too, but if I had to play football with an Other, it would definitely be Tom Friendly.

2. Commercials - In honor of the great marketing that takes place on Superbowl Sunday, I bring you a Mr. Cluck's commercial that premiered at Comic Con 2009 this summer. Enjoy Hurley's Australian accent!



3. Beer - I know I'm going to drink some tonight, and I will think fondly back to one of my favorite LOST scenes of all time. Found in Season 3, Episode 10 (Tricia Tanaka is Dead) Hurley finds a Dharma van and in the back, sure enough, is some Dharma beer. Sawyer, Jin, and Hurley drink a few and Sawyer attempts to teach Jin some English words.




4. Honorary mention - The Puppy Bowl - If you've never watched the Puppy Bowl, you've got to tune in to Animal Planet tonight during half time to see the cutest damn thing you'll ever see. Animal Planet puts a few puppies on a fake field with some toys and food and they watch them run around and play. It's too much for words, and stay tuned for the "Bowl Cam", where you can watch the puppies lap up water after playing a tiring quarter of football. Anyhow, I digress. In honor of the Puppy Bowl, we've got to give a special LOST Loophole shout out to Bpo Bpo, Sun's Shar Pei. Bpo Bpo means "kiss" in Korean and I'd love a few kisses from that cutie. I'll root for the Shar Pei puppy tonight in honor of Bpo Bpo.

Alright Losties, that's all for this Superbowl Sunday. Enjoy the game. Come on back tomorrow when I'll recap Season 6, Episode 1 (LA X) and prep for Tuesday's episode.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Mr. Cluck commercial is INCREDIBLE.

Post a Comment