Recap of Season 6, Episodes 1 and 2 (LA X)

Monday, February 8, 2010

We're just about 24 hours away from the next all new episode of LOST season 6. Let's recap the happenings of Season 6, Episode 1 (LA X) to prep for tomorrow night. I know we all watched the episode, so instead of recapping the entire episode, I'm just going to write about the strange/kick-ass/funny things that happened.

OFF THE ISLAND

The Strange

1. Cindy gives Jack one bottle of vodka, not two.
2. Rose reassures Jack, not vice versa.
3. Jack has a cut on his neck.
4. Desmond is on the plane, wearing a wedding ring.
5. The island is underwater, with the Dharma shark and barracks.
6. No Shannon on da plane.
7. The inspector at the airport calls Sun, Ms. Paik, not Mrs. Kwon. We also can't see any wedding rings. Sun says she doesn't know English, and maybe she's not lying this time.
8. Christian Shephard's body is missing.

The Kick-Ass

1. When Kate comes out of the bathroom on the airplane, she falls into Jack and steals his pen. Even in handcuffs she's still a criminal.
2. Hurley is the "luckiest man alive".
3. A much happier John Locke. Maybe he really did go on the walkabout?
4. Jack's interaction with John Locke in the Oceanic office.
5. The rebirth of Claire's character. Is she pregnant? Was she even on the plane? Will they ever find a wig that doesn't look like straw?

The Funny

1. Kate's suppose to eat her lasagna without a fork or knife. WTF?
2. Arzt and Frogurt make a reappearance.
3. When you can't get a door open on an airplane, just let Sayid kick it in.
4. Kate's running through the airport and has to escape through a locked door. She gains access with an employee code, but the door leads her to an area that's packed with people. WTF LOST?

ON THE ISLAND

The Strange

1. Those weird people in the Temple including Dogen.
2. Keeping Smokey out with the ash.
3. Richard Alpert in chains.

The Kick-ass

1. Juilet's last words, "It worked".
2. Flocke's big reveal. "I'm sorry you had to see me like that."

The Funny

1. Sawyer asking for chains to save Juilet's life, when chains essentially killed her. Oh, the irony.
2. Hurley trying to shoot a gun.
3. Breaking the Ankh in half. Very dramatic.
4. The taste of English on Dogen's tongue. Gross.

Hope this puts a few things in your mind for tomorrow night fellow Losties. I'm excited for the next episode!

Have a great Monday night, see you all tomorrow for an all new 'sode.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this, it really makes me feel that I need to go back and watch again. I did not notice a bunch of the "off island - strange" things that you listed. I did not notice about Sun or Desmond. I am so glad that you have this blog and are sharper than I am when it comes to Lost.

Anonymous said...

That was a wig?

Daniel Faraday died in 1977 before the bomb went off. Dead is dead, so I don't see how he could make a comeback.

I have it on good authority from a Japanese that Dogen's words are legit.

kmlapham said...

Missing Shannon -

Thanks for stopping by! I did rewatch the episode twice, and listened to a few recaps on a few different LOST podcasts, so I'm happy to bring you all the little pieces of the LOST puzzle.

I heard that ABC is replaying a special "Pop-Up" Edition of LA X tonight at 8:00 pm EST, so that may be a good chance to catch it all one more time before episode 2.

Anonymous -

I'm pretty sure that's a wig, but my gut is telling me we're going to get to see some more of Claire tonight, so we can take another good look.

I keep telling myself dead is dead, and I know it's always true on LOST, but I love Daniel so much I can't help but wish, right? Maybe some kind of Daniel related flashback?

I'm sure Dogen's Japanese is legit, I just didn't like the writing when it came to that line. Mostly, it just grossed me out.

Thanks for stopping by!

Make sure to check back in. I'd love to hear what you both think of tonights episode.

Brett said...

Dude, Dogen got kinky with Sayid...

Anonymous said...

I heard a theory about Jack's cut - that he and his flash sideways self could be co-existing. Any other support for this from the episodes? Great Job.

Post a Comment